Sunday, September 20, 2009

Scott & Laura's Wedding Bands

This was a unique job for me. Scott and Laura are good friends of my husband and I. They are both Artists them selves - Architects to be exact - and were interested in having me make their wedding bands. They had a diamond they wanted to use and were wanting white gold or platinum. I wanted so bad to work with them, but knew that I did not have the skills to set the diamond or to cast the rings. I offered to design the rings and then we would have them made by another jeweler. I suggested a few places I knew of for Laura to take my design. She chose Goldmine Jewelry, in Pike Place market. They are great! They offer the Bride and Groom the opportunity to cast their own rings! How cool is that?! I attended the ring casting with them and was very impressed with what they ended up with! 

The lovely couple - Scott & Laura
with the waxes - ready to be cast.

Laura working the torch! Heating the metal for her ring. 

The finished rings. Laura's is White Gold and Titanium and Scotts is Titanium.

Both rings are 'square-ish'. Laura's includes a very cool Titanium wedding band that inserts into the engagement band. 

The engagement and wedding bands together. 

Thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of your most amazing day, Scott & Laura!

1 comment:

Jake S. said...

Very nice design on the bands. That's a really cool idea about the jewelry store allowing the couple to make there own rings. It really makes it that more special.